Location: Dick and Debbie Krueger’s home
Time: 5:00 – Social hour
6:00 – Dinner
7:00 – 8:30 Meeting
- Treasurer’s report for 2018 was reviewed and accepted by the attending membership.
- Meeting minutes for 2018 were reviewed and accepted by the attending membership.
- Election of officers and officials for 2019.
The positions of President, Vice President, and Treasurer will remain the same as in 2018. Emanuel Rose was nominated and approved by the attending members to the position of Secretary. Rick Halvorsen is retained as the club Gun Captain.
Governors for the club beginning in 2019 are as follows:
- Dave Skoubo through 2019
- Gary Davis through 2020
- Gunther Boettcher through 2021.
- Raffle for hunt at Luckiamute.
There were two raffles presented by the club in 2018; one for a hunt at Luckiamute and the other for a hunt at Sage Canyon. Both were won by Bob Bullard.
Dave Skoubo will coordinate another raffle for 2019 season with the tickets being available at the New Member day (see below). The profit realized from 2018 Luckiamute raffle was $265.00.
2019 Events – A beginning point of events to be altered and amended by membership.
- February 6 – 10- Sportsman’s Show – Bob Willis
Please sign up for a time you can attend the booth. Bob can be reached at email@example.com.
- April 6th – New Member Day.
Bob Bullard has agreed to coordinate this event again this year. This event helps to draw people to the club and helps them learn what we are all about. Its great fun for new people and those who have been around a while. Training birds are half price for members. More information will be available as the event gets nearer.
- April 14 & 15 Spring trial – Organizers: Dave Skoubo, Daryl Roth, Gary Davis.
This year’s spring trial will be held near Harrisburg, Oregon (exit 209 from I-5) The judges will be Bob Beauchamp from Arizona, and Ray Nault from Canada. Daryl Roth and Bruce Meredith will judge the puppy stake if there are enough puppies to plan a stake at this level. Paula Mazurek will be the secretary for the event. Janet Christensen will contact Cheryl Dondano to see if she will provide lunches. Cheryl has done this for several years at the fall trial and the food is excellent.
- May 18th – Hunt Test Judges Seminar – Wilsonville Best Western
Dave Skoubo is organizing a Hunt Test Judging seminar this year. All hunt test judges must renew their qualification every five years and all prospective hunt test judges must attend a seminar prior to beginning their apprenticeship. Emanuel and Jan will work on a flyer for distribution to past participants and well and AKC. AKC will distribute the flyer to clubs which have participated in past hunt tests.
- June 15th or 20th Training session at St. Louis Ponds.
Jerry light will contact Oregon Fish and Wildlife for a permit to train dogs at this state venue. The date is dependent on the availability of the grounds. Special consideration will be made for training in the water with decoys to train dogs to ignore these in lieu of birds.
- July – Training seminar.
Dick Krueger will contact Todd Agnew or Clay Earl for potential leads for a training seminar. Date based on the Todd’s or Clay’s availability. Session will be held at Janet Christensen’s property.
- August – Hunt Test – Chaired by Dave Skoubo
- Location: Luckiamute Pheasants
- Jan Johnson to be secretary
- Jerry Light will assist in finding judges.
- This year decoys may be used in the water work. If so, it will be stated in the premium.
- October – Fall field trial October 5th & 6th with Cocker Trial on October 7th.
- The chair will be Daryl Roth.
- FT Secretary will be Paula Mazurek and she has the option this year of using Hunt Secretary for entry management.
- Lead marshal will by Jan Johnson
- Judges will be Mark Matthiesen and Tom Ness.
- The entry fee will be $130.
- The grounds will be either at the Knapp Farm in Monmouth, OR or King Farm in Lebanon, OR depending on whether the King Farm grounds are mowed by Federal Wetlands management.
- There will be a one-day Cocker trial held on Money, October 7th at the same location. Dan Delany will be the chair of the Cocker Trial.
- Other Business
- Members are reminded to renew their game bird release permit with the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Department. There is no cost to apply or renew.
- A motion to donate $50.00 to the ESSFTA Foundation was approved.
- The club agreed to provide the option of using Hunt Secretary for trial and hunt test entry management. First opportunity will summer hunt test and Fall Trial.